Saturday, December 19, 2009

My 60th Birthday.......


It is strange. As many with other birthdays, I feel no different today than last year. My mother used to ask, "Do you feel a year older?" I never do. I always feel younger than I am. I don't worry much about age. The most memorable thing about this last ten years is it was much easier than my previous 50.

When I turned 50, I had the feeling, "I had made it." I had many turbulent years during my first 50. I was proud of myself for living through it. Surviving with a certain amount of sanity. I was happy to be 50.

Now at 60, I have peace. The last 10 have been relatively good years. There have been changes, challenges and moments of chagrin. That will always be. Life changes, life is hard and I respond, at times, in ways which, later, embarrass me. But peace and joy cometh.......

Peace knowing I can face the challenges of life
Joy knowing my children and grandchildren love me
Peace in restored relationships
Joy in a wonderful new job
Peace in my relationship with Robert
Joy in the small things all around me
Peace in my relationship with God

Yes, 60 and life is good.........

No comments:

Post a Comment