Monday, December 21, 2009

And sew it goes.......

I have come down with a bug. I hate being sick during the Christmas season. It seems to take the enjoyment out of everything.

I did get quite a bit of sewing done today, in spite of feeling miserable. I finished off three PJ tops, and made a denim skirt for S. I've never made a jeans-style skirt. It was challenging. I had a couple of moments when I had to move away and think about it, but in the end, it looks darn nice! It will be so nice with the zebra-print and the leopard-print hoodies I made for her last week. I'm sure she will like these a lot.

Tomorrow will be PJ day. I finished Matthew's chameleon PJs yesterday. I have now managed to get Robert, Heidi and Erik to try them on. From there I made notes on adjusting the pattern for each of them. I still need to make the guys PJ shirts, my PJ top and bottoms and Heidi's PJ shamrock set. I love the shirts. The fabric is a deep red, deeper than a Christmas red. It has a wonderful hand. Then I have appliqued a penguin on the front. Adding the googlie eyes made them come to life. They are so cute! Robert liked them enough to think a penguin on the guy's shirts was ok.......hurray!

Plan for tomorrow:

4 PJ tops-three w/ appliques
5 PJ bottoms
1 bed jacket

I better hit the hay!

No comments:

Post a Comment