Friday, December 11, 2009

In the beginning...........

I've been thinking of starting a blog for a while. Suddenly this morning, I have decided to jump in. Why today? I'm not sure. Not like I don't have plenty to do.

A month ago, I wrote up a list and started my Christmas/birthday sewing. Now, you have to understand. In my family, we have eight birthdays between October 11 and January 10. It is a lot of fun, but does call for some planning, too. There are 38 items on that list. I dug out a calendar and went as far as scheduling my sewing. Because I have three days a week off from work, I felt confident I could have everything done the week before Christmas. Well, that was the plan BEFORE the freezing weather hit California.

We have been offered lots of overtime during this cold weather. This is a good thing......always nice to have extra money this time of year. Yet, it has left my sewing out in the cold (Sorry. Had to say it.) So today, I have to sew, sew sew. Instead of the planned of three days sewing this week, I have one. So, what do I do? I decide to start a blog. So typical. Well, I told myself I could work on it until it is time to take S, my oldest granddaughter to school.

The time has arrived.........off we go........I'll be back when I am ready for a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment