Friday, October 22, 2010

The Itsy Bitsy Spider.......

For a couple of years, I have wanted to make Halloween outfits for my dolls. Again this year, I just didn't seem to have the time. But then......

A contest emerged at work. Co-workers had already passed out spider web stuff  a couple of weeks ago. I went crazy with it. Actually, I couldn't leave it alone. I sat at my desk fiddling with it all day. It now covers most of my desk, my phone and my monitor. Next, I decided I needed some spiders. Off to the 99 Cent Store. They has some great spiders. I bought pink spiders, silver glitter spiders and black flocked spiders. I was really enjoying my desk.

Then came the challenge, a Best Decorated Desk Contest, to be judged on Halloween. Well, there you have it! I set out last night to make my 18" Ann Estelle a spider costume. I am pretty darn happy with it. I drafted the pattern myself, which I am proud of. I made the entire outfit from scraps. I can't wait to take her to work on Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. She's darling! If you have to have a spider, then I'd pick her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan - I just saw your blog link on the Otto list. This is so so cute!! That is one darling doll and the costume you made is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how precious! I certainly hope to hear you won that contest! So creative and the doll is just too cute!!! Thank you for sharing the photo! - new(ish) member of AGSWAP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better late than never.......I did win!

    ReplyDelete